Why: As Web 3.0 exploded onto the headlines in the last 12 months, many people feel left out and unsure about what this might mean for them across all aspects of their life. Increasing financial and investment literacy as well as enabling participation in the next exponential global economic evolution is critical.
What: This course will not only explain what web 3.0 is, but also demystify the fast growing NFT marketplace, build your financial confidence through the explanation of the most common web 3.0 terminology and lay out the future landscape for decentralized finance; enabling you to participate in the Web 3.0 economy with your best interests in mind.
The major learnings, activities & outcomes of the 2.5 hour live course:
- Explaining the evolution of Web 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
- How transformative web 3.0 can be; taking back control of your data, the opportunity for creatives to be in more control of their art, creating communities around shared passions and inviting “underbanked,” “marginalized” and the masses into a much more inclusive financial ecosystem.
- The early commercial success of NFT’s and how they work, with a case study on Crypto Punks and BEEPLE.
- Some short video clips of why Gary V is so bullish on NFT’s and Blockchain technology.
- Collectibles or fads? Group discussion on being a smart and informed investor.
- What are the biggest platforms to buy NFT’s at the moment.
- Tips on where to learn more about creating your own NFT.
- Explanation of decentralized finance (DeFi) and the broader potential applications
- What can DeFi do for me and my money?
- Staking Crypto currencies for yield
- What are DAO’s, decentralized autonomous organizations?
- The evolution of ICO’s to self-governing bodies with a shared interest
- A “Mock” DAO exercise created by the students in the course
- The current challenges to web 3.0 and blockchain technology in general.
- Some cautionary tales; hacking, bad actors, time consuming, negative user experience, etc. œ